14 December 2007
EZLN Revolutionary Laws for Women
1) Women, regardless of their race, creed, color, or political affiliation, have the right to participate in the revolutionary struggle in a way determined by their desire and ability.
2) Women have the right to work and receive a fair salary.
3) Women have the right to decide the number of children they will bear and care for.
4) Women have the right to participate in the affairs of the community and to hold positions of authority if they are freely and democratically elected.
5) Women and their children have the right to primary attention in the matters of health and nutrition.
6) Women have the right to education.
7) Women have the right to choose their partner and are not to be forced into marriage.
8) Women shall not be beaten or physically mistreated by their family members or by strangers. Rape and attempted rape will be severely punished.
9) Women will be able to occupy positions of leadership in the organization and to hold military ranks in the revolutionary armed forces.
10) Women will have all the rights and obligations elaborated in the revolutionary laws